Monday, February 9, 2009

My Number Eight Love

I love my friends.

I have had many friendships over the years. I am grateful for each one and all that they have taught me. Most I don't keep in touch with any more, but the memories I have of them will stay with me forever.

I am especially grateful for the writing friends that I have made. I love keeping in touch with them through blogging.

There is one friend in particular that I am extremely grateful for. She has been a tremendous support to me. She listens to me rant, but never judges me. When I have faced disappointments, she was there encouraging me. She is happy for me when success finds me.

If it weren't for her, I would still be a closet writer. After reading all the "puked on" pages, she has offered positive encouragement. Not one negative word escapes from her. She is thoughtful, always bringing me yummy things she makes. She makes me veggie sandwiches and I sit and watch her because I know if I help they just won't be as good.

She is extremely talented. She writes beautifully, cooks tremendously, plays the flute amazingly, sings angelically and even builds rooms and shelves carpenteringly. (Okay that wasn't a word, but I had to continue the sentence with an adverb, right?)

She loves and accepts my children and puts up with their silliness. She puts up with our truck putting holes in her lawn. She puts up with the strip of dirt and weeds that we have said for years we would put nice rock in.

I am so grateful to have met her and have her such an integral part of my life.

I love you, Karen.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you really throw up on your pages? The same pages I read? Ew...

    Here's to the veggie sandwich queen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry! I love you too, Sister. Thanks for all you do and say. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the link to your blog off Karen's post today. I'm so glad you are friends. What a small world it is that you live next door. Hope to see you at conference.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad we're friends, too. It's fun that you and Karen have become friends. See you at the conference!

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Hear From You!