Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Love Note -- Day Three

Teaching -- and Learning. These are my loves of day three. And they so go together.

I love teaching. I love seeing the light go on in the eyes of a student. I love finding different ways of teaching that make a topic meaningful. I love making school subjects approachable and inviting. I love researching a topic and finding better ways to teach. I love igniting sparks and sharing my enthusiasm.

I loved going to school and learning new things. I love reading. I learn something every time I pick up a book. I love the things I learn as I study topics I am preparing to teach. I love being involved in a classroom discussion and having the students make comments that teach me.

They both are so rewarding. I just . . . LOVE it!

3 comments:

  1. And you're a darn good one too! There really is nothing like seeing the light click on when a student gets it. I'm so proud of you for going back to school and getting your degree. You are an inspiration to me, sister-friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were we separated at birth? I share your first three loves. I'm anxious to see what it will be tomorrow. You're awesome. Can't wait to hang out in April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love classes, too. Not so much the tests and homework. But I would sure love to be in a literature or European history class.

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Hear From You!