Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Validation, It's a Good Thing

I spent the entire week last week at the BYU Writers and Illustrators Conference in Provo. Karen and I had a fabulous time. It is such an intense conference and so worth the money and the time. Each year I have attended I've come away having learned a great deal and feeling absolutely wonderful. The workshops are fabulous and the break-out sessions, informative. I loved my class this year. The members were great critiquers and since they are starting a critique group, I am really gratefully handing over my manuscripts for them to read.

Lisa Wheeler was our presenter and she was awesome. I got great feedback from her. She was a delight.

The most fun thing was associating with other writers and enlarging my group of writer friends.

The experience helped me hone my craft, develop fabulous friendships and receive some validating experiences with those "in the know."

I am still walking on clouds.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, the only validation you need now is for parking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! I wish I could have been there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so jelous. Sounds like total fun. Maybe next year i'll tag along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I thought the best part was hanging out with me! lol It was awesome, wasn't it! Can't wait to go back next year!

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Hear From You!