Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Birthday Fun

Today was a really fun day. My children, sister and niece went to Idaho to visit my parents this week. We have had a really enjoyable time just relaxing. Today, however, was my mother's birthday and so my sister and I took her to a day spa to get a massage and a pedicure. We relaxed in style. It was fabulous! Then we shopped for my son's birthday, which is Saturday, and we went to the barber/beauty supply to pick up hair and nail supplies at a really nice discount. My sister and I made my mom a homemade german chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting and fettucine alfredo and a delicious green salad with roasted pears and walnuts. It was deeee-licious.

My daughter also made her first short film on her new camcorder of which I made my debut. Of course, I was amazing. Ha Ha. We had a very fun time.

My mother also got on the Wii Fit and discovered that her Wii Fit Age is 54 and she is 70 today. She was one happy mom.

What a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I think the most fun part was trailing Mom in Walmart. She LOVES going out in public with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you listed the dessert before the dinner. lol glad you had fun, though you were certainly missed down here. Give your sis and kids a hug for me, would you? And come home soon! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Hear From You!