Monday, June 27, 2011

Sundance Retreat

Had an absolute fabulous weekend hanging and writing and wandering around nature. Thanks to the RWA ladies for letting me join their retreat. They were full of awesome.

I finished character bibles and plotted a good share of my WIP, which feels great considering it’s a Nanowrimo that I get to rewrite. (Notice I said get to and not have to.) That’s how refreshing this weekend was for me. I needed it and now I feel energized to keep going, despite the fact that I had a mouse in my room on the first night and we found baby black widows in a corner of the great room. It’s all good. The exterminator came and killed the spiders. Unfortunately, the mouse escaped, but at least I didn’t have to see him again. Right?

Here’s the door we jammed up with pillows which had been chewed on and was covered in mouse droppings the next morning.


Here’s the beautiful scene from my nature writing spot.


And here’s the road in front of the house where we stayed.



What did you do this weekend?

9 comments:

  1. Wow! How lucky you are to have been to such a beautiful place! And to come home so refreshed and inspired . . . yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place to write! Sorry about the mouse droppings and baby black widows (yikes!), but otherwise sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did I do? I didn't write. Didn't have a mouse in my room. Or black widows. My week was so boring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No mice here! Glad you're enthused about writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Sound like you had fun. Right? Fun? One of those breaks that you laugh about ... later. =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, gee, I don't know, I fixed a fan for my best friend, came into her room in the middle of the night and chased a mouse into the bathroom, stuffed pillows under her door, and gave her a back rub.

    I was with YOU, silly! It really was fantastic, wasn't it? I feel inspired too and got all those twelve (gulp) chapters I have to write again from scratch outlined and ready to roll. So glad you got to be there too!

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! And how great that you're so reenergized to get back to your WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to have found your blog! I wrote about the retreat too, so you'll have to check it out.
    It was really fun getting to know you a bit; hopefully we'll do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds wonderful! This weekend I have my monthly novel-writers' group meeting on Saturday and a baby shower on Sunday. Hoping to fit some novel writing and blogging in there too. And I guess I should probably do some washing... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Hear From You!