Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Forgotten Warrior


Syd is a tough, yet tender, teenager. Through a miraculous event, she is transported back in time. To her dismay, she leaves her sick mother and mentally challenged sister behind. Mistaken for a boy, and accused of being a spy, she has to prove herself to Captain Helaman and his second-in-command, Tarik (who also happens to be a hot stripling warrior).
I was drawn to Syd from the start. Her courage and story made joining her in this journey through Book of Mormon times a pleasure. I found putting the book down difficult. I wanted to keep going to see what would happen to her and her relationships with these people from earlier times.
Kathi Oram Peterson exceeded my expectations of this time-traveling story through part of Book of Mormon history. I enjoyed thinking about what life must have been like for them during these war-torn years. Kathi painted a superb picture of life during this time.
I care for these characters and wanted to know more about what was going to happen to them. What is going to happen to Syd? Does she get to go home? Where is Tarik? Is he okay? Apparently we’ll have to wait for the sequel. But I think it will be a wait worth waiting for.
To read Kathi’s great story The Forgotten Warrior, go to Deseret Book, Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com or Seagull Book.
To find out more information about Kathi and her other works, go to her blog or her website.

3 comments:

  1. I love time travel. This one sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, stranger. Sure did miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reading and reviewing my book. I love the stripling warriors' story, and I'm honored when my book opens that world for others. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Hear From You!