Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not the truck GMC . . . the other one

My fabulous friend, Karen, let me borrow one of her books a few weeks ago. It talked about goal, motivation and conflict. I learned a lot of great things from that book. It helped me to focus on the right things as I worked on my manuscript. My writing improved because of the things I learned.

Although reading this book was awesome, the real purpose of my post is not just this great book and applying it to my writing, but how I can apply it to my life.

I have a goal. I have a mountain of motivation. My journey has also had tremendous conflict. How am I going to overcome this conflict and accomplish my goal?

The conference this weekend opened up doors for me, giving me the opportunities I needed. I am so grateful for these.

So, thanks to Julie Wright, who totally rocks. Thanks to Julie Bellon, who is the best lunch buddy anyone could ask for. Thanks to my bestest friend, Karen, for, well, everything. Thanks to the incredible table of writers at boot camp. You are awesome! And thanks to my amazing writing friends--among whom are Kristi, Melinda, Jewel and Shanna. Thanks for your friendship and support.

I'm ready to keep my goal in focus and squelch anything that comes that may keep me from accomlishing it.

6 comments:

  1. That's so great to hear. That sounds like a great book. I could use some of that right now. I love hanging out with you. I always laugh so hard. Can't wait for BYU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! I'm so proud of you for taking this step and putting it into your heart. You are destined for great things, my friend--great things indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shari for your friendship and support, too. It was so fun to see you and your daughter there!

    Good luck with your goals. You Can Do It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss reading your posts. Where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love the conference because it always motivates me to set more goals too.
    I wanted to tell you about an awesome contest I entered at
    The Original Scrapbox Check it out and please vote for me, #319 for the cutest craft giveaway. Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Start blogging again!!! Your readers miss you. Look you have 1,2,3,4,5 readers! Come back, girlie!

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Hear From You!