Monday, October 12, 2009
My sweet, funny friend, Carolyn, (who apparently stalks my blog) gave me this very nice blog award. So, now I have to find some people who I feel deserve this award. Hmmmm . . .
First,Jill, because not only is she my favorite sister, she makes me laugh. And she's nice to me. And she makes me yummy treats. And she has the cutest babies I know.
Second, Kristi, cause she's just awesome. She's funny and she writes blog posts that are enjoyable to read. She is either making me laugh or making me think. And, she encourages me in my insane running goals.
Third, Melinda. She writes the most beautiful and thoughtful posts. She's also got really great taste in boots. She might not agree, but I think we have similar tastes. She's sweet and fun and I just like her.
Fourth, my dear friend and writing buddy Karen. She has been the biggest support to me, especially with my writing, even when she didn't know why. She makes fabulous veggie sandwiches and rockin' awesome chicken enchiladas.
I am grateful for all of their friendships. They will never know how much they mean to me.
Okay. Now for the dreaded questions.
1. Where is your cell phone? In my giraffe purse, which I love.
2. Your hair? Pulled back. Need I say more?
3. Your mother? Taught me everything I know.
4. Your father? Taught me how to work hard and be responsible.
5. Your favorite food? Today--mint brownies ala mode.
6. Your dream last night? I was number two on the New York Times bestseller list. No wait, that was Karen.
7. Your favorite drink? Homemade hot cocoa.
8. Your dream/goal? Publish a book.
9. What room are you in? My office.
10. Your hobby? Reading, eating, running . . . Wait. Do I have to pick just one? I'm sorry, I can't.
11. Your fear? Losing my children--and I don't mean at the mall.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Putting on firesides and doing school visits 'cause I finally published my books.
13. Where were you last night? At home.
14. Something you aren't? (I'm going through the scout motto) Brave.
15. Muffins? Blueberry.
16. Wish list item? My own book.
17. Where did you grow up? Rural Idaho, since there is no such thing as urban Idaho.
18. Last thing you did? Ate a mint chocolate brownie. Mmmmm yummy.
19. What are you wearing? Yoga pants, what else?
20. Your TV? What about it?
21. Your pets? 1 turtle. She's the queen of the tank. Just ask her.
22. Your friends? Are awesome!
23. Your life? Good.
24. Your mood? Content.
25. Missing someone? Ummm, no. Should I be?
26. Vehicle? It's a mini-van. Yep. I'm cool.
27. Something you're not wearing? Earrings?
28. Your favorite store? The Purple Cow.
29. Your favorite color? Lavendar.
30. When was the last time you laughed? Really hard? I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I was with my sister. We were probably reading Deep Thoughts.
31. Last time you cried? Cried? I don't cry. I don't know what you mean? I do know that it wasn't last week. Oh no, it wasn't then.
32. Your best friend? My sweetheart. He's awesome, and cool and smart and wise and fun, and . . .
33. One place that I go over and over? The kitchen. Not only do I find things I like to eat there, but I have to go there three times a day to fix meals, too.
34. One person who emails me regularly? Hmm. I'd have to say the secretary of the marketing person at Modbe.
Well, there you have it. Thanks for joining me on this lovely award-winning journey through blogland.
Posted by Shari at 1:58 PM